Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mattress Topper

Jason has wanted a "mattress topper" for a looooooooong time. We have a crappy mattress that we have had for many years and of course a mattress topper could help! Yesterday at Costco, we saw a new "gel - memory foam" mattress topper. Jason and I briefly talked about buying it as we stood in the aisle...but with one kid feverish and leaning his head on the cart, a girl yelling to get out of the cart and a third child doing who-knows-what, it wasn't the best time to have a good discussion about it. As we left, Jason was disappointed, but I thought we needed to discuss it a little more. On the way home, we stopped at our PO box and got our mail and I saw that we had gotten a $60 check. I told Jason if there was another $100 in the mail, I would go buy the mattress topper tomorrow(it was $148 before tax). We NEVER get money in the mail. Why would we??? We had a bunch of Christmas cards that I started opening and one in particular that could have a little money....as I started opening it, Jason started chanting..."one hundred, one hundred, one hundred..." I was laughing at him. There's no way there was a $100 in there. As I opened the card, a bill shone up at Jason and I and he whooped ONE HUNDRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES - there was a $100 bill...and today I went to Costco...meaning tonight will be the best night of sleep our lives, right??

3 comments:

sfitz said...

that is so totally awesome!!!!!

Judy Prince said...

Love stories like that.

Sleep well.

Shannon said...

It isn't amazing how He provides for even the things we might think little. Hope you're sleeping like a baby!!