Sunday, July 11, 2010

Changing Lives for Jesus


My dad is one of those people that other people love. He knows TONS of people and everyone likes him. Seriously.
But my dad is not just cool because of that. He is cool because he is changing the world for Jesus.
My dad is in Bolivia for the next 2 months with Water for All teaching the people how to build wells so that they have access to clean water. As I have said before, my parents - in their 50's are going to all the nations. Showing Jesus' love through clean water, delivering babies and ministering as the hands and feet of Jesus. They have left a life of comfort, routine, and at times - personal desires to obey. We have been instructed to care for the poor. Take the gospel to the ends of the earth. I'm just like you - have lots of excuses of why I'm not doing it. But in the end, excuses are not going to cut it.
If you are not doing that, what is YOUR excuse? I don't believe that "I'm not called" is going to be a valid excuse as we stand before the Lord at the end of our lives. I don't want to have any regrets. Be on the look out for more specific ways God is changing my heart and life.
*MUST READ: RADICAL by DAVID PLATT*

2 comments:

sfitz said...

Love it, and love you!

Shannon said...

RADICAL is AWESOME and totally rocked my world! "We are plan A and there is no plan B" does that get you or what? What am I doing to be part of the plan? Your parents are such shining examples of living out the Gospel! I want to be like them!! Love your heart Carrie and I hope you were showered with birthday love today (yesterday):) Shan