Sunday we had the pleasure of celebrating Fathers Day with my whole family. It was great to be all together - probably the last time for awhile because D&B are moving to Portland in a few weeks :( We even got a family picture!
Nannie and Poppy with their grand kids
My dad and brothers We know where we're going to be living! The process of moving is always hard, but this time since we didn't really know where we would move to, it has been a bit stressful to me. We have looked at many houses, townhouses, and condos in Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Fountain Valley and many hours on Craigslist...all in search of what we wanted and needed. Each time we left a different property I had a strange feeling of unrest. I was convinced something else was out there and we just needed to wait. Well, we found out today what we were waiting for...
Today we finalized leasing (well we haven't actually signed the lease yet, but we have verbally agreed!) a 4 bedroom AMAZING house in Seal Beach...a 10 minute walk from Main St and the beach, 0.8 miles from the best elementary school in an awesome district, has a great backyard complete with a redwood deck, allows dogs, has another deck off the master bedroom (evening glass of red wine while we overlook PCH and the sunset, anyone?), WILL INCLUDE A HOUSE CLEANER EVERY 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it is a bit out of our price range, so we will be renting one of the rooms to a guy that Jason went through academy with. He is a great Christian guy who (strangely) is stoked to be moving in with us. :) Thanks to my Dad for agreeing to babysit tonight at the last minute...we went out for an Italian dinner tonight to celebrate. The family that currently lives there(the owners) is moving out of state and do not plan to return...there was mention today of a possibility to "lease to own"...what???Did we hear that right?
We'll take it one step at a time....



6 comments:
Wow Carrie that's SO great! I'm so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to see pictures, and see it in person. Yay! Praise the Lord!
How exciting! Seal Beach is a great place to be!
yay!!! ALL playdates will be at YOUR house!! hahaha...awwww; what a wonderful blessing! xoox
Wow!! That house sounds so perfect! I'm always jealous of you guys that get to live so close to the beach. Glad you finally found a place you like so much!
Carrie...I am SO excited for you guys! What a huge blessing AND relief to have a place set to move...especially one by a school you love! We're looking for a house currently as well and your story was VERY encouraging to me...God ALWAYS has a plan and it's always so perfect!
FANTASTIC NEWS! I'll want to come visit all the time and talk a walk to the beach...or sit and drink wine on the balcony :) Sounds like an amazing "God Thing" and I'm so happy for you. GOD IS GOOD.... ALL THE TIME. Judy
Post a Comment