Monday, July 09, 2007

Presents, Swimming and Bike Excursions...

There is one tradition my family has done since I can remember and it will probably assume the place of favorite in my mind. It is a treasured time that I'm sure I have shared about before...but will share about again, since it has been a year. Last night, my family got together to celebrate my birthday and even D and B were in town, so that was a special treat. Of course I loved being spoiled with presents, eating a delicious meal followed by my current favorite dessert - pumpkin cheesecake...but the "icing on the cake" was the time to "go around." Everyone shares with the "birthday girl/boy" things they admire, appreciate, and love about that person. I always leave that time feeling cherished, appreciated, loved, special, and really just FANTASTIC! Its so cool to hear how people have noticed things in your life as they affirm you in every aspect.

Present opening helpers
Ez is screaming here
New clothes from Jason and Ang
A few days ago we had a swim day in the backyard. It was so fun for the kids - Jason is like a big kid in there
Ez gets cold and has to warm up in his towel before another dip
Love Daddy!
His hair is getting long, but I can't cut it! Its so white and cute...curly...
Gavin in good spirits after taking a few falls on his bike. I walked with Ez and Gavin rode his bike all the way to Blockbuster and back (almost 2 miles!)


2 comments:

pamela prince said...

Well, umm, Happy Birthday you! These things just roll around so quickly. Sorry we missed doing somethin' with you but we shall see you soon! You've gotta be older than 25 now...28?

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Carrie~ :) Hope you had a great one, and a awesome year! ;)
amy