Last week was Violet's first day of preschool. I was emotional, as I thought about my last baby being old enough to be in preschool. Its a cute co-op that I get to be a big part of and she is loving it so far.Lately, I have been struggling with discontent. I hear/see FB posts about those homeschooling their kids and start feeling like I should be doing that. I see/hear/find out about people doing this or that...and think I should be doing that as well. I find out about others adopting orphans and feel...jealous (?) because I'm not. Or those having babies...and I'm not. You get the picture. I'm comparing where I'm at with where God has others and I'm feeling discontent. That's NOT ok!! God has been reminding me that I am where I'm at because of God's plan. God's will. I have to CHOOSE daily to be content with each of these areas. I don't really want to home school...but I DO want my kids to love Jesus. I have realized that my kids don't have to be home schooled, be in the Bible club at school or spend time with ONLY Christians for them to love Jesus. The great thing is GOD is SO much bigger than that. He is going to grab their hearts in HIS time regardless of the circumstances in their lives. I can rest in the fact that the Lord loves my kids even more than ME, has a plan for them (and me!) and has us where we're at for a reason. Thank goodness its not up to me!!!


2 comments:
I think this is really awesome, Carrie! It's so true that it's tempting to put "super Christian" parameters around our lives... I fall into that easily. But God is SO GOOD and knows his plan for our lives so well that it really is up to us to surrender and obey, daily even. Thanks for sharing. :)
love your thoughts Carrie! Your'e an awesome Mom!
Post a Comment