Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Kristen!! (a day late!)



Sometimes we have the privilege of having a friendship that is deep and unspoken, sweet and long-lasting. It often goes spaces of time without conversation and has few in-person visits, but this friendship is strong. And loyal. And knowing. This friend listens to the dirty secrets, doubts and fears. Encourages in times of wondering and supports in times of uncertainty. This friendship is unusual and beautiful. This friendship is mine. With Kristen.


Over the 11 years of our friendship, K and I have changed and moved around to different places and been busy with different things. But the foundation of our friendship will never change. Kristen has loved me and supported me and been there for me in every avenue of my life. She knows the deepest of me and still loves me. She makes me laugh and I make her laugh. We now lives far away from each other and that is sad...but we visit - and those visits are sweeter than any time we've had together because we cherish them. Kristen has become an amazing wife and mother and I am SO proud of how God is working in her. She truly is one of a kind. OH...and today is her birthday. Happy Birthday to my fantastic BFF. :) I love you!
*UPDATE - BFF's birthday was yesterday.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love you so stinkin' much. I am 200% sure that God placed us in each other's lives for big reasons, and I LOVE looking back over our years and seeing how he's used us both in such purposeful, divine ways to help the other along the path. No amount of distance will EVER keep you far from my heart, Carrie Prince. We are "lifers" and I am sooooo grateful. Even from a distance, you add so much beauty and encouragement and color to my little life. Thank you for such a sweet post, love you best friend!!!!