I have been a blog-slacker. I'm not super motivated these days, probably because I have so little "down-time" and generally do not have time. Honestly...I seriously don't! The last few weeks were fun...Halloween, and then Ezekiel's 5th birthday last Saturday. We had a fun weekend celebrating him and I'm hoping I can figure out how to post pics (new camera).
Little of this and that:
*The first weekend of Nov, Jason and I got away for 2 nights. We had a great time together and even ran a half marathon. I totally died and decided to get my booty into gear, print up a training program and start training for another marathon. I love running. I love how I feel physically (part of the time), and it is my coping mechanism! I think about things, pray, decompress, and process things. I have greatly decreased my running for many reasons...but have decided its GOOD for me! SO - trying to take a little time here and there to get back into good running shape.
*God is doing a lot in Jason and I right now and its just exciting! Thats all on this for now.
*We had to move in the beg of Oct for a scary situation and we love our new place. Much smaller and simpler, but thats probably why we love it!
*I'm thinking about how I can do Christmas so that when I spend money, others (ie. poor, orphans, etc) benefit. I don't want to buy the kids Nintendo DS's (I wouldn't anyways) just because thats what would be a cool Christmas gift. But do I buy them 13 adoption shirts each because i know that is supporting orphans? Maybe there is a middle ground there? Trying to find it.
*Have been working partial night shifts for awhile now and I'm getting to the point where I'm not sure its worth it. The toll it takes on me to stay up 23 hrs, sleep 2-2..5 and be up for another whole day...a lot of the time I do this once a week and I have found areas that are suffering because of this. Sleep deprivation is a beast!
*My parents are going to Uganda for probably 6 months in January with Water For All....check out my dads' blog on my blog roll. I'm excited about what they'll be doing.
*I'm planning on taking a mission trip in 2011...probably either April or May to Africa...more details to come!
*Our BFF's celebrate 9 years today --The Fishers --I'm so thankful for great friends like them. I was reminiscing their wedding as I looked at pics Becky posted on facebook. That seemed like so long ago! Jason and I will celebrate 10 years in a month. Wow.
*I think thats it for now. Kids are all doing great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love what God is doing in your lives right now!!!! So excited to see everything unfold in his will, in his timing. Love you guys!
Wow, wow, wow!!! Sooo happy for you and the adventure God is taking you on! Can't wait to hear more details about the mission trip....do you want to wait a few months and escort me to Ethiopia?:)Totally agree with the Christmas gift thing...finding the middle ground...Maggie wears an adoption shirt almost everyday as it is but that seems to be how I want to spend our money! Speaking of shirts...thank you so much for ordering a baseball tee! You are an amazing support as we wait and hope:) Love to you~
Post a Comment