Thursday, April 29, 2010

lacking pics...but I'm here!

As often happens, time lapses and I realize its been 2, 3, or even 5 weeks since I've blogged. I get the motivation at times when all the details aren't worked out. What? All that means is here I am, ready to blog and Jason has the camera with recent pics I have yet to download. No new pics...sorry!
*We had fun on Easter break - though we DID NOT potty train Miss V. Turns out she was not soooo ready. I'm a firm believer of waiting until the child is totally ready and not pushing them until then. She showed signs, so I thought I would just go for it. First morning, after 3 accidents in panties and a tantrum every time I told her she needed to try and potty...we were done. She asked for a diaper and she got it! Maybe in a month or so I'll try again.
*The Saturday after Easter break Gavin, Ezekiel, my Dad and I all ran in the Seal Beach Fun Run. The boys ran a 1K race and LOVED it (pics to come...) and my Dad and I ran the 10K and also had fun together.
*Easter was great as well (pics to come...I think?) with a meal with Dad, Jason and Angela and a fun egg hunt for the boys (V was napping...you snooze, you lose, sister) though we missed the rest of our family - MOM and D &B!
*Spent several days with my dearest, oldest BFF, Kristen. It was as if she had never left CA and we just picked up where we left off...except she had a baby in tow :) Owen is adorable and the kids loved having him at our house for a few days. I loved every moment with her.
*Last weekend my Dad, the kids and I loaded up and spent a little over 24 hours in AZ to visit Grandma and Grandpa Gregory(pics to come). It was a fun adventure and the kids did AMAZING in the car!
*I can't believe its almost MAY and then it will be JUNE and summer! I look forward to beach days and less of a schedule and time with friends!
*VIOLET: recently started getting into the car, then stopped, turned around and told Jason "I forgot my phone!" Ran into the house and got her pink toy phone. Oh boy. Has always talked a lot but now seems like she is 2 going on 12...opinions are in her words and facial expressions. She's hilarious! She wants to do things herself and talk about everything. She wants to pick her clothes and shoes and after I do her hair stares at herself in the mirror. I LOVE HAVING A GIRL!
*EZEKIEL: Funny, funny boy. Always up to something. Curious and delighted by simple things. Affectionate and loving. He told me a few nights ago that a girl in his preschool class was his girlfriend because she shared a bug book with him. Then later recanted - saying when he grew up she would be his girlfriend :) Funny, because Gavin has NEVER even talked about girls.
*GAVIN: maturing, yet still such a little boy. Something I have noticed lately is the way he prays...he is very mature in his prayers...talking to God in a way most children wouldn't. HE was praying for our friends who are losing a stepdad/grandpa to cancer and he said something about how happy the man would be once he was with Jesus. His heart is softened to Jesus and that makes my heart overflow with JOY.
Next time, I'll make it interesting with pics. For now...peace.

1 comment:

Judy Prince said...

Thanks for the update! I check every day just in case you have time to post pictures and/or stories about you, Jason, the kids, whatever!! So you do have faithful readers :)